Home >> Science >> The Agents Of Dispersal
The Agents Of Dispersal
The agents of dispersal are animals - berries eaten by the animals.Wind -Sycamore trees have winged fruits they spin with the wind.Water-Plants that grow in water like lotus,water lily use water to disperse.Some fruits explode on drying.
Air,water and warmth and sunlight are required for germination.
Transfer of pollen grains from one place to another is called pollination.The pollen grains grow a tube through the style to reach the ovary.There they get fused to the ovules.The ovules then start growing into seeds and the ovary as a whole becomes a fruit.
Name the following:
- A seed dispersed by water- Coconut
- The process of develop of a seed into seedling- Germination
- The yellow powder on the anther-pollen grain
- Food for the plant is stored in this part of the seed-seedcoat
- A plant that reproduces from its leaves -Bryophyllum
- Part of the embryo that grows into root-plumle